Re: Date Comparison

At 10:01 AM +0200 9/3/09, J DeBord wrote:
Telling someone RTFM is just rude and mean.

And not taking the time to research your question before posting is what, thoughtful and kind?

The phrase RTFM is something I don't like to tell people, and from what I remember, I have never said that to anyone. However I can understand where one could read a person's question and deduce that they did NO research for themselves. Instead, they posted their question for others to do their research for them because they were too lazy to do it themselves. No matter how you cut that, that's lame. So, I certainly don't blame anyone for telling such a person to RTFM.

 I would suggest
that when a question asked here causes you to respond with RTFM, don't
respond at all. Save yourself the time and trouble and save the person
asking the question the grief of being insulted.

Well that's your prerogative to do as you want. But it's a bit arrogant of you to tell others how to conduct themselves on this list, don't you think? Who made you list monitor?

And Tedd your condescending
response caused me to lose respect for you.

No offense, but let me make this perfectly clear -- I don't give a rat's ass what you think about me. From my perspective, you could win the lottery or die tomorrow, it makes no difference to me either way.

I'm not here to win/lose your respect. I'm here to help those who ask honest questions. I, like many others, simply donate our time freely without any benefit whatsoever. If you have problems with that, then you probably have bigger problems elsewhere.

I'm sure the OP would have been
more than thankful to receive the same response without the RTFM. I'll read
any response to this, but I won't have anything more to say. This list has
been polluted enough lately with nonsense. Incredible.

What's Incredible is how people can post to this list thinking that they have some right to post whatever they want and expect others to comment as they want. And, if they don't get what they want, then they whine about the list being rude and mean. That's Incredible.

My advice, if you have problems with this list, get over it! There's much more in this world to get upset about rather than what happens on this list.

tedd

---