Re: I'm not crazy I swear it... IE vs Safari and Firefox - The impossible!

> How many PHP scripts correspond to these 4 steps? Is it one script (or
> more) for each step? For example:
> Or is it just one "dispatcher" script:
> Or something in-between?

It's a dispatcher script that can call multiple files. For example
(without pulling up code)... (each dispatch job would be a hit to the
webserver)

1. dispatch job = Start (select upload or existing file)
2. dispatch job = Load
    If uploaded file then include upload processor and set source file
= uploaded file
    else if existing file then source file = existing file
    include process_file to parse source file
    if usable records include display_records
    else include display_norecords
3. (from display records, user can checkbox select what records)
4. dispatch job = use these records
    include template editor
5. (user edits template, clicks merge)
6. dispatch job = process template and send merged emails

> Also, have you had a chance to get more information yet from your web
> access logs?

If I'm reading it right I see the dispatcher being called with the
file name to upload and then a second later I see another call to the
dispatcher with a referrer of itself.

So far... I can reliably reproduce the problem in Firefox on Windows
and Mac, Safari on Windows and Mac. But Chrome and IE appear to be
unaffected.

> Finally, have you reproduced the problem while watching the network
> activity using something like tcpdump or Firebug's "Net" tab?

While I'm familiar with the concepts... :) I have not... this is the
first problem I've had which could not be directly traced to
problematic code (php syntax or logic errors, mysql query errors,
problems with database optimizations, etc)

Matt