From: Arno Kuhl [mailto:akuhl@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 20 August 2009 10:03 AM
To: 'Leon du Plessis'; php-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE:  SESSIONS lost sometimes

-----Original Message-----
From: Leon du Plessis [mailto:leon@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 20 August 2009 09:44 AM
To: php-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Since we are on the subject: I have the following similar problem:

When testing page on internet explorer, I find that one tab's variables can
affect another tab's variables. Thus when having the same web-site open and
using SESSION variables but for different users, Internet explorer can
become "disorientated". This also "sometimes" happen when I have two
separate browsing windows open with Internet Explorer for the same site.

I have yet to determine if this is an internet explorer, or PHP or
combination of the two that is causing this condition.

To my understanding _SESSION variables should be maintained per session, tab
or window. If this has been addressed already, my apologies, but thought it
worthwhile to mention.

If someone perhaps have a solution or can confirm this as a known issue and
maybe is the same or related to Angelo's problem?

--------------------

If different browser windows/tabs on the same client-side computer didn't
share session info then you'd get the effect of being able to log onto a
site with one browser window, but find in a second browser window that you
were not yet logged on. Experience will tell you that you're logged on in
both browser windows (try it with your online bank). It's not an issue, it's
a feature. If you want to be able to use different browser windows as though
they were different users then use different browsers e.g. IE and FF on the
same client-side computer will look like two separate end users to the
server, and they don't share session info or cookies.

Cheers
Arno