Re: Saving server side file to local machine with JS

Skip Evans wrote:
> Sorry, I should have been clearer.
>
> When PHP finishes creating the file I need one of the JS alert type
> windows to appear that says..
>
> "Your file has completed, would you like to save it to your machine?"
>
> Like you get when you download a file.
>
> If I knew the JS code to do this I perhaps could embed it in the PHP at
> the end of the function that creates the file???
>
> Is that clearer?
>
> Thanks,
> Skip

Not sure if you can save it directly.... From javascript!

What you could do is.

1. Make an asynchrome call to a php script on the server with javascript.

2. Once PHP is finished you can make it return a URL to the asynchrome
javascript call. This URl will point to the generated download file.

3. Then with javascript create a nice div with two buttons. One to
initiate the download and the other to cancel...