Re: This is the kind of [expletives deleted] answer that is certain to prevent bugs being reported.

Jim Lucas wrote:

> From what I can tell, the op is trying to set the locale /AT/ the cli,
> not from within the script.

Exactly Jim.  A typical Linux installation in France/Germany/Greece/
Russia/whereever will have an appropriate environment (e.g. LC_ALL) set
such that unix commands such as "date" and "ls" will display the
information as appropriate for French, German, Greek and Russian.

> I guess my first debugging question would be:
>
> Can you successfully set other LC_xyz categories, besides the LC_ALL,
> in the same manor that your example shows?

I guess it might be worth trying, but I think it's highly unlikely that
any of the other settings will be accepted either.

/Per

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (18.3°C)