Re: MySql Injection advice

On Sun, Jul 12, 2009 at 8:42 PM, tedd <tedd.sperling@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> At 8:24 PM +0530 7/12/09, Zareef Ahmed wrote:
>
>> On Sun, Jul 12, 2009 at 6:32 PM, tedd <<mailto:tedd.sperling@xxxxxxxxx>
>> tedd.sperling@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> Hi gang:
>>
>> I am top posting only to show that the following post makes no sense as to
>> who said what.
>>
>> At what point here Zareef, did you think you were helping anyone? Or is
>> this more of your "I'm going to do whatever I want" attitude?
>>

>> As far as I understand the main problem was the original poster was "NOT
>> SEEING" slashes in the output from database after successful insertion (
>> with only single use of mysql_real_escape_string), so I put my 50 cent on
>> the magic quotes runtime..
>> (My understanding of the actual problem may be wrong thus the suggestion
>> in context)
>> I am sorry if I offended anyone ....
>>

> Zareef:
>
> You are missing the point. It's not an issue of offending anyone but rather
> if someone is going to contribute, it makes sense to be clear as to what you
> are contributing -- else -- it just becomes noise.

100% Agree

> When you are reviewing a long post and then inject your comments within it,
> while it may make sense to you, it may not make sense to others.

Yes injecting comments within a long post can lead to many misunderstanding
about the purpose of suggestion.

> As with all communication, it's better to be clear than obtuse.

Agree, but I believe "obtuse" word  meaning is contextual and depends :)

This is my last post in this thread.

--
Zareef Ahmed :: A PHP Developer in India ( Delhi )
Homepage :: http://www.zareef.net