Re: MySql Injection advice

At 8:24 PM +0530 7/12/09, Zareef Ahmed wrote:
On Sun, Jul 12, 2009 at 6:32 PM, tedd <<mailto:tedd.sperling@xxxxxxxxx>tedd.sperling@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi gang:

I am top posting only to show that the following post makes no sense as to who said what.

At what point here Zareef, did you think you were helping anyone? Or is this more of your "I'm going to do whatever I want" attitude?

As far as I understand the main problem was the original poster was "NOT SEEING" slashes in the output from database after successful insertion ( with only single use of mysql_real_escape_string), so I put my 50 cent on the magic quotes runtime.. (My understanding of the actual problem may be wrong thus the suggestion in context)
I am sorry if I offended anyone ....

Zareef:

You are missing the point. It's not an issue of offending anyone but rather if someone is going to contribute, it makes sense to be clear as to what you are contributing -- else -- it just becomes noise.

When you are reviewing a long post and then inject your comments within it, while it may make sense to you, it may not make sense to others. As with all communication, it's better to be clear than obtuse.

Cheers,

tedd
--
-------