Re: Re: How to authnticate and use contents from ${HOME}

On Saturday 11 July 2009 16:41:21 schneider.chantale@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hello Ashley,
>
> > This really seems like you would be best off doing this with a simple SSH
> > connection. I see you use Linux, so that makes things easier.
>
> Ehm, no, I use <office.freenet.de> and the Webinterface.
>
> > You can
> > manipulate files as if they were in your local file system with KDE IO
> > slaves
> > (assuming you use the KDE window manager of course).
>
> No, only FVWM.  :-)  KDE/GNOME would kill my machine.
>
> > This pretty much lets
> > you do what you want. You can even run program on the remote machine with
> > the -X parameter of the ssh command.
>
> SInce I have no Laptop and do not like to take it with me all the time,
> my Webinterface must be accessibel from everywhere in the world.
>
> Chantale
>

> #adBox3 {display:none;}

Have you looked at other online solutions for this? For someone who is just
learning PHP, you could potentially be opening yourself up to all sorts of
hacking by doing what you want to here.

Afaik, you won't be able to do this easily with PHP. What sort of files were
you thinking of being able to edit anyway?

--
Thanks,
Ash