Re: mysql cache query as xml

On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 12:36 PM, Daniel Brown<danbrown@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>    Chris;
>
>    From my understanding of your question, your message (included
> below in its entirety) is better sent to the MySQL General list, which
> I've CC'd on this reply.  If you haven't yet, please subscribe there
> at mysql-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx to follow the thread for responses.
>
>    If I'm misunderstanding and you're asking a PHP-related question,
> please rephrase your question.

I understood the question to be how to improve performance by caching
MySQL results into an XML document (which, given that it was posted
here) within a PHP script. Perhaps this is not the correct
interpretation, but if so it would be relevant.

However, I'm not sure I'd spend time trying to devise a "fast" XML
cache for a query that only took 0.3 seconds to execute. By itself,
that isn't bad performance unless this is a query that is called
frequently by several concurrent users. Personally, I'd look into ways
to improve the execution of the query itself in MySQL (making sure the
query is sargable and improving indexes, etc.) until I thought I had
exhausted everything there.

Just my 2 cents.

Andrew