Re: mysql cache query as xml

    Chris;

    From my understanding of your question, your message (included
below in its entirety) is better sent to the MySQL General list, which
I've CC'd on this reply.  If you haven't yet, please subscribe there
at mysql-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx to follow the thread for responses.

    If I'm misunderstanding and you're asking a PHP-related question,
please rephrase your question.

    [Full original message follows.]

On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 12:22,
workerholic@xxxxxxxxxxxx<workerholic@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> hi guys, i need some help by optimize the performance.
> my problem is that i need a lot of rows the whole site (don't ask i need the
> rows really :-) )
> this is about ~4000 rows it will be loaded from mysql database in 0.3
> seconds
> my idea was to cache this rows in a xml file like for example:
>
> <category>
>   <id>some hash id</id>
>   <title>category title </title>
> </category>
>
> also load query from mysql first, save to xml using 6 hours, erase the
> cached file, load query against....
> but to load the same num rows from xml during more then 3 seconds in
> comparison mysql need just 0.3 seconds.
>
> how can i optimize the reading from xml faster?
>
> server design:
> 2 mysql server (Master & Slave with Replication  )
> 8 Applikation Server with connect to the 2 mysql server
>
> this i the reason why i want to cache this query anyway! other querys just
> need about 0.0004 seconds, but this is the slowest query!
> i hope someone can help me or had a better ideas to solve this problem!
>
> thanks chris
>

> --

</Daniel P. Brown>
daniel.brown@xxxxxxxxxxxx || danbrown@xxxxxxx
http://www.parasane.net/ || http://www.pilotpig.net/
Check out our great hosting and dedicated server deals at
http://twitter.com/pilotpig