Re: How to stop E_DEPRECATED messages in the PHP log?

On 7/7/09 12:17 PM, "Jeff Weinberger" <jeff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Jul 7, 2009, at 8:38 AM, Daniel Brown wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Jul 7, 2009 at 11:03, Jeff
>> Weinberger<jeff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>>
>>> This seemed like it would be the perfect solution...but alas it did
>>> not
>>> work. 22527 seems right, but after changing php.ini to that and
>>> restarting
>>> php and apache, I am still getting "Deprecated..." messages.
>>
>>    Dumb question, Jeff: are you sure you're editing the correct
>> php.ini file?
>>
>> --
>> </Daniel P. Brown>
>> daniel.brown@xxxxxxxxxxxx || danbrown@xxxxxxx
>> http://www.parasane.net/ || http://www.pilotpig.net/
>> Check out our great hosting and dedicated server deals at
>> http://twitter.com/pilotpig
>>
>> --
>
> Daniel:
>
> Not a dumb question at all! I check every time (php_info()) to make
> sure the "loaded configuration file" is the one I'm editing. So, as
> far as I can tell, yes.
>
> Should I be looking at something else to be sure?

i've now had a look at http://www.php.net/manual/en/errorfunc.constants.php

in your shoes i'd try out 2047 (with is everything up to and including
E_USER_NOTICE) and possibly 6143 (=2047+4096) if you have your own error
handler.

if still no luck i can't think of anything else to suggest but work
backwards:

check the value returned by error_reporting() is the value you set in
php.ini.

binary decode it to double check.

if it sill makes no sense, check the php bugs db. and if nothing, maybe
report it.