Re: PHP Manual in PDF format

2009/7/7 Angus Mann <angusmann@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Hi all. I realize this question has been asked before and I've found responses in the archive, but none of the links work now, or the files they point to are old or unsuitable.
>
> I'd like to print the most recent PHP manual to paper, so I need it in a format that's suitable. I've downloaded it from php.net in chm and HTML format but neither of them can easily be printed with proper attention to page numbering and order.
>
> Any idea where to find a PDF or similar version of the manual?
>
> Thanks,
> Angus

$ pecl install haru
$ pear channel-discover doc.php.net
$ pear install doc.php.net/phd-beta
$ cvs -d:pserver:cvsread@xxxxxxxxxxx/repository login
(the password is "phpfi")
$ cvs -d:pserver:cvsread@xxxxxxxxxxx/repository co phpdoc
$ cd phpdoc
$ php configure.php
$ phd -f pdf -t phppdf -d .manual.xml

Now open the newly created "pdf" folder :)

If you'd like a big fat one PDF file then use "phpbigpdf" rather then "phppdf"

The PDF version will be available soon. Ish. Maybe. Hopefully.

--
-----
Richard Quadling