Re: Advise on starting a web store site

On Mon, Jul 06, 2009 at 01:15:10PM +0100, Matthew Croud wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm going to start my first e commerce website for a small web shoe
> store.
> I think I know enough PHP to keep my head above water, I'm using an
> add on shopping cart package to deal with the transactions.
>
> My question is, what's the best way to design a site where each
> product appears to have its own page.
>
> Is there a way to create the site *without* having each product have a
> physical separate page ?
>
> Is there a method of web design which makes creating new pages simple
> if they all follow the same pattern. i.e thumbnail, description etc.

Years ago, I used osCommerce for a site like this, and configured it to
present a page full of items in one category. This wasn't done through
PHP but through just configuring osCommerce. I'm not recommending
osCommerce per se (I think it's currently not well maintained), but it
stands to reason that other similar ecommerce suites would allow the
same capability.

Paul

--
Paul M. Foster