Re: apc breaks pear::mdb2

Daniel Brown wrote:
On Fri, Jul 3, 2009 at 07:00, Michael A. Peters<mpeters@xxxxxxx> wrote:
<b>Fatal error</b>:  Class 'PEAR' not found in

    Have you installed PEAR's PEAR module?  I know it sounds a bit
redundant, but see if that works for you.  From the command line:

        pear install PEAR

    If it tells you that it's already on there, or if it installs but
does not fix your problem, the next step is making sure that the
include path contains the path to your PEAR files.  If not, the class
fails because the inclusion fails (and without looking at the source
of the MySQL driver in the MDB2 package, my guess is that it's
__autoload()'d rather than explicitly included, hence no message about
a missing file).

Yes, pear is installed

[mpeters@athens ~]$ pear info PEAR
About pear.php.net/PEAR-1.8.1
Release Type           PEAR-style PHP-based Package
Name                   PEAR
Channel                pear.php.net
Summary                PEAR Base System
Description            The PEAR package contains:
etc.

It works beautifully as long as apc.cache_by_default=0

I really only need it to cache DB queries and xml fragments.
Caching includes (I assume what it is trying to do) would be nice but not if it does so in a broken manner.