Re: PHP 5.3.0 Released!

Lukas Kahwe Smith wrote:
Hello!

The PHP Development Team would like to announce the immediate release of PHP 5.3.0. This release is a major improvement in the 5.X series, which includes a large number of new features and bug fixes.

Release Announcement: http://www.php.net/release/5_3_0.php
Downloads:            http://php.net/downloads.php#v5.3.0
Changelog:            http://www.php.net/ChangeLog-5.php#5.3.0

regards,
Johannes and Lukas

While I don't plan on using it on my production server just yet, I am packaging this for centos 5.3.

One of the neat additions (I think it is an addition) that I saw in the release notes is phar - which looks like a really slick way to distribute php applications.

My i386 build is done, my x86_64 build is going (will go all the way through as I tweaked the rpm on an x86_64 desktop before sending to my mock build machine)

I won't provide binary RPM's, but for the RHEL5/CentOS 5.x community that wants to play with it, src.rpm will be here:

http://www.clfsrpm.net/php53/

I just have to try to rebuild some of the pecl modules, and test it to make sure the build doesn't segfault or give me the finger or anything rude like that before I upload the src.rpm.