RE: pup

Thanks Jim. Is there a way to get the value of that unchecked box?

-rummy

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Lucas [mailto:lists@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, April 17, 2009 10:35 AM
To: Ramesh Marimuthu (WT01 - Telecom Equipment)
Cc: geek.de@xxxxxxxxx; php-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re:  pup

ramesh.marimuthu@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm new to php.
> Say I have a check box which is checked already. Now I need to uncheck

> it and when I press the submit button, I should get the unchecked
value.
> Can anyone help me on this.
>
> One.php
>
> if($qry[0]!=$login_type)
> {
> echo "<td class=tabhead align=center
> style=background-color:#CC66CC><input type=checkbox name=disable
> value=a".$count." checked DISABLED /></br>".$slot_value."</td>"; }
> else { echo "<td class=tabhead align=center
> style=background-color:#00CCCC><input type=checkbox name=enable[]
> value='--user ".$slot_value." --ne ".$nen." --timespec ".$slt."'
> checked
> }
>
> One.php calls Two.php
> Two.php
>
> $enable_slot= $_POST['enable'];
> $uncheck_slot= $_POST['uncheck'];
>
> if ($enable_slot){
> echo "$enable_slot";
> foreach($enable_slot as &$a) {
> echo "<p>".$a." --unreserve</p>";
> }
> }
>
> I get only the results only if checked. I think I'm doing a mistake in

> the code in red font.
>
> regards,
> -rummy

When you uncheck a checkbox in an HTML form, it will not be submitted.

http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/interact/forms.html#checkbox

The part on the above page talking about "only "on" checkbox controls
can become successful." is the key here.

The successful part links here:

http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/interact/forms.html#successful-controls

This explains that the definition of a successful checkbox submission is
one that is  "on".
To have a checkbox in the "on" state means that it has to be checked.

So, any checkbox that is /not/ checked is considered "off" or
"undefined" will not be submitted because it is not valid.

Or something like that... :)

Jim Lucas

www.wipro.com