From: Stuart [mailto:stuttle@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, March 23, 2009 7:49 AM
To: tedd
Cc: php-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re:  Frameworks / obstinate?

2009/3/23 tedd <tedd.sperling@xxxxxxxxx>:
> However, I have heard of "new" javascript being run server-side.
What's the
> likelihood of that "catching on" and surpassing php?

http://aptana.com/jaxer

I really like the idea, but I'm yet to have a good reason to try it.
If you're starting from scratch it has the advantage of limiting the
skills required. Jaxar sits on top of Apache so I'm not sure what the
performance is like. Either way I don't see it gaining much traction
these days, at least not quickly.

-Stuart

--
http://stut.net/