Re: Problem with passing and Area in a $_POST

At 1:30 PM -0700 3/15/09, Richard Kurth wrote:
tedd wrote:
At 8:56 AM -0700 3/15/09, Richard Kurth wrote:
This is the form that is being sent as a post and the fieldorder[] is the part that is not sending properly. But it has worked for about a year in the script. It just stopped working. and I did not change anything in this script

-snip- code

If it was my problem, I see the script is riddled with inconsistencies. As such, I would pass it through validation to discover all the errors. Then I would fix those errors and then see if the problem continues.

Granted, some people don't think validation is important, but I'm positive that I could get your script to work by simply cleaning up the code.

Cheers,

tedd
You are probly right. But I got this script from Rasmus Lerdor about a year ago and I changed very little. It has worked just fine sence I started using it. Who am I to question Rasmus's coding. I am now using $_Request to capture the array for fieldorder[] and $_POST to get the rest of the data.

You said: Who am I to question Rasmus's coding?

I just review the code, not the author -- it just didn't look like "informed" code. The html was riddled with inconsistencies and had stuff that should have been in css. It certainly would not have been something I would have produced (at least not in the last five years or so).

Besides, if your form is a POST and you can't see values returning, but can only see them in a REQUEST, then there's something wrong regardless of the author.

A REQUEST provides value taken from GET, POST, and COOKIES (each override the other in some order). Have you looked at the possibility of COOKIES being in the mix? I'm not sure as to the logic of why a POST would be empty but a REQUEST would still hold the data, but it's something to consider.

Also, you might investigate $_SERVER['REQUEST_METHOD'] to see where the data is coming from.

Cheers,

tedd

--
-------