> Shawn McKenzie wrote:
>> PJ wrote:

>>> Her necessity and my curiosity coupled with an interesting challenge. :-)
>>> After this, there's the other site http://www.chiccantine.com - that's
>>> just a start for now... we're aiming for a really great site on food
>>> that will be instuctional as well as enlightening for all to learn how
>>> to "really" deal with great food - what it is all "really" about take a
>>> look at the link below the signature. You might learn something about
>>> vanilla.
>>> BTW, we'll be looking for great programmers and designers who will want
>>> to participate in the "adventure" (as that is what it will be) - we'll
>>> surely be doing this as a non-profit thing and hope to develop something
>>> profitable along the way. The startup will require dedication and some
>>> time with the hope of worthwhile earnings once things are rolling.
>>> Requirements are: love of food (the real, natural stuff), a hate for
>>> Monsanto, corn
>>>
>> What?  Monsanto makes great weed killers and what the hell is wrong with
>> corn?!?!  Have you seriously never roated a cob in the husk over a wood
>> fire and then submerged the cob into a vat of melted butter?  Plus pigs,
>> cows and chickens eat it.  Mmmm...
>>
> Ooooh, boy.... now this is really serious... >:o
> I think your ignorance will be forgiven, maybe! And this is not meant
> disparagingly but you'd better find out about Monsanto and corn and how
> they are probably the greatest destructors of the the environment and
> our own bodies? Google it and get a hold of some books, like try Michael
> Pollan; do you have any idea of what Monsanto does and to whom and how?
> Do you know how corn is destroying whole economies of countries? Corn is
> sweeping continents because of human greed - it is being used to create
> all sorts of artificial food ingredients and even to produce petrol
> (oil) substitutes... even your own body is probably so full of corn
> derivatives that it is surprising that you haven't turned into a corn
> cob by now -- especially if you are not paying attention, and I mean
> great attention, to what you eat... like MacDos and pre-packaged
> prepared foods... just think for a minute: according to the current
> business models in just about everything including and especially the
> food industry... how do you think they boost their profits... certainly
> not by raising prices... nooooooh, that would not be cool... they just
> downgrade the quality of the ingredients and the workers so that  if
> ;you are not eating shit by the time it gets to your enteron (that is a
> word - one that Enron paid some 6 million smackers fo an agency and then
> found out that that is the the entire digestive tract right from one
> input hole to the output hole) :-D , it is a miracle....
> glad to have this opportunity to rile - that is exactly the kind of
> thing that we want to do with the site that we are starting to
> [...]

Not ignorance but indifference to some of what you shout :-)

I don't enjoy/eat macdonalds or other fast food and use pre-packaged
stuff on rare occasion.  We buy fresh ingredients from local meat
markets/farmers markets etc.  This includes corn.  Corn is yummy,
chickens, pigs and cows eat corn and chickens, pigs and cows are yummy!
 Hell, cornbread is yummy!

I do however cringe at the practice of burning our food in internal
combustion engines.

As for monsanto, I don't know much about them, but I know they have many
different products/businesses.  The only one I use is roundup (I think
this is monsanto).  It's great to kill the weeds in the cracks in the
driveway and sidewalks.  Also, if it's not windy I use it in the mulched
flower beds and sometimes in the areas filled with river rocks.

I guess I should read more about it.  Did this come about before or
after wal-mart started ruining the planet?  What about the communists
contaminating our precious bodily fluids?

Whatever you do, please, please, please, for the love of all that is
holy, please, do not vilify potatoes!  ...or the Irish :-)

--
Thanks!
-Shawn