Re: whoami explanation

Daniel Brown wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 10:42, PJ <af.gourmet@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Right on.  Good comments.
>> No offense taken and none intended.
>> I am enoying the list and will continue to participate, if i may.
>> I have learned a great deal already and really do appreciate the help.
>>

>     So you mentioned your involvement in television production and
> briefly touched on cooking shows and such.... what brought you into
> the insanity of web programming?  New stage in life, or specifically
> to work on your daughter's site?
Her necessity and my curiosity coupled with an interesting challenge. :-)
After this, there's the other site http://www.chiccantine.com - that's
just a start for now... we're aiming for a really great site on food
that will be instuctional as well as enlightening for all to learn how
to "really" deal with great food - what it is all "really" about take a
look at the link below the signature. You might learn something about
vanilla.
BTW, we'll be looking for great programmers and designers who will want
to participate in the "adventure" (as that is what it will be) - we'll
surely be doing this as a non-profit thing and hope to develop something
profitable along the way. The startup will require dedication and some
time with the hope of worthwhile earnings once things are rolling.
Requirements are: love of food (the real, natural stuff), a hate for
Monsanto, corn and just plain stupidity, appreciation of common sense
and then, of course, programming knowledge - we'll be using a log of
video clips - flash & probably streaming - oh yes, and not to forget, a
sense of adventure, the thrill of a challenge (to do something different
if not off the wall) and, well, some time to risk for this great
opportunity. 8-)
I get the impression that this (list) is where we'll find such great
minds, wits and dreamers - for you gotta have a vision!
>  It's a really interesting property,
> by the way; ancient Egypt, Mesopotamia, and that region enthralls me.
> Those folks were truly inspiring, and put the civil engineers of the
> 20th and 21st centuries to utter shame.

Indeed. Makes you wonder, doesn't it.

--
unheralded genius: "A clean desk is the sign of a dull mind. "