Re: Re: "use strict" or similar in PHP?

Stuart wrote:

As far as error checking goes the PHP engine performs syntactical checks
during compile time but due to the highly flexible nature of the language
it's not possible to do most error checking until runtime.

I don't know (or care) how to do it but I suspect that if you put all output into a buffer or object (ala DOMDocument class) you could refuse to print the document to the requesting client if any errors were thrown during the creation of the document.

DOMDocument sure makes (at least for me) code easier to read because you aren't mixing html and php.