Re: Re: "use strict" or similar in PHP?

Use FreeOpenSourceSoftwares, Stop piracy, Let the developers live. Get
a Free CD of Ubuntu mailed to your door without any cost. Visit :
www.ubuntu.com

On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 11:46 PM, Robert Cummings <robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> On Fri, 2009-02-27 at 09:28 -0700, LuKreme wrote:
> > On Feb 27, 2009, at 6:12, Hans Schultz <h.schultz78@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > > Hahahah,I was thinking the same thing
> >

> > The trouble is most people mean "compile a source file to an
> > executable binary" when they sat compile. By this measure, PHP does
> > not compile.
>
> I add the following to the top of my PHP shell scripts:
>
>    #!/usr/bin/php -qC
>
> Then I do the following:
>
>    chmod 775 script.php
>
> Then I run it as follows:
>
>    ./script.php
>
> Look... and executable binary :) Don't say it's not binary. All data on
> a hard disk is binary (although I do know what you mean ;)

Well you are running shell script style execution its not example of
Compiled code or Binary

The data in the file is ASCII or UTF text :)

Compilation happens when its zendOptimized or OpCoded. Its then is converted
into binary content file.