RE: Re: How important is your Express or Web Edition database? Please weigh in--

On Fri, 2009-02-27 at 16:41 -0600, Boyd, Todd M. wrote:
> [...]
For me it's MySQL all the way. My company is too cheap to pay for later
versions of MS SQL Server, so the versions we have there are *very*
limited in features (for example, no limit function!) MySQL also seems a
lot faster for me too. I regularly deal with large databases (think
millions of records) and MSSQL is a real bottleneck here, whereas MySQL
seems fine (althogh, it is running on Linux, which frees up more
resources for actually getting stuff done!)

Oh, funny thing. I filled in the questionnaire above, and when it got to
the final 'thanks' page, I clicked the button, and it bombed out to a
completely blank page. Doesn't bode too well for a company attempting to
sell a product for use in enterprise situations!

Ash
www.ashleysheridan.co.uk