Re: maybe we could all?

Eric Butera wrote:
On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 9:13 PM, Kyle Terry <kyle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 6:07 PM, Daniel Brown <danbrown@xxxxxxx> wrote:

On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 19:58, Edmund Hertle
<edmund.hertle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Well, I think we should not go to fast... maybe we are setting up SVN,
webspace, domain, mailing-list and in the end this is only used by 4-5
people. Because than this can be discussed on this mailinglist. But if
there
are quite enough people interested, it would be indeed a good idea to
start
some other kind of communication...
    I flat-out disagree with this, Ed.  Nothing at all against you, though.

   This is the General list for PHP, and while this project is
PHP-related (and "general" in nature), if we allow even the "regulars"
to do so here, how can we then tell others that we won't allow them to
discuss their PHP-related projects on this list?

   Putting the code on a proper system to begin with means no
screwing around later when the project is running at full steam.
And even if there are only four or five people working on it, if those
folks put in a good effort, they can work wonders.

--
</Daniel P. Brown>
daniel.brown@xxxxxxxxxxxx || danbrown@xxxxxxx

I work on a development team of 3; me and 2 others. 1 of which only develops
about a quarter of his time here. Even with my co worker sitting next to me,
if we weren't using a repo, we would both be at a complete loss (right
word?).

--
Kyle Terry | www.kyleterry.com

I have been using svn for 3 years by myself.  Recently I talked my
other co workers to play with it and they love it.  But even in an
army of one it's amazing to be able to figure out what I messed up
last week or why I decided to change something at 5:00.  People have
wrote books on it though, so I'll hush.

still up :p

dan - great offer, I'd like to take you up on it [could we install any extra needed software, such as a wiki / list or something that allows discussion and document storage made website available]
svn - a must imho

consideration:
been thinking 2 things
1 - this could be a lot of noise on the list; perhaps an approach of rfc and publish every idea, post link to it here so anybody can contribute, then go from there.
discuss [ wiki needed? ]
2 - actually that was both in one sentance

maybe first rfc should be "super class for all xxxx (our) objects" and if so what

+ a name, cos if we need to start prefixing.. and it can't be 4LC as can't start with a number :p

this will be massively interesting..