Re: maybe we could all?

Edmund Hertle wrote:
2009/1/20 Nathan Rixham <nrixham@xxxxxxxxx>
sounds good; (discussion begins) - but if we're all going to use them in
production maybe we'd need to use say php 5.1.6 or the most common accross
all os's and servers..? how many servers will have php 5.3 support from the
off (think redhat servers!)

Well, what about not discussing about concrete implementation, but more
like: By creating a user class you have to consider: this & than & ..., and
methods which should be implemented should do...
and maybe creating an abstract class or an interface or concrete class but
not exactly defined to the end (because that WOULD be possibly more
something like pear)

Maybe more an aspect of "Design Pattern"...?

sounds like a starting point. and the starting point imho, interfaces and abstracts, then implementations.

[can't wait for a discussion on the implementation of "Email" lmfao]

can i gather that this is a postive response and a few interested parties?

if so important things like is this discussed on this list or where, need for server space and svn? etc scope for a user group / list @ php on this? or what..?

+ all monkeys no organ grinder approach, no release until all happy (negating obvious trouble makers) and maybe a release manager for svn.

more thoughts please