Re: Re: Opinions / Votes Needed

Per Jessen wrote:
Tony Marston wrote:

If you really *need* to used a staticly typed language then don't use
PHP, and don't try to change PHP to match your needs.

+1

I do.. mainly Java when I need it (can you tell)

point is..
Java let's me easily do 70% of what I need to
PHP let's me easily do 95% of what I need to

If we could get that 5% added then PHP would be perfect, not only that but me and the rest of the team at work would be able to make our multi-million pound enterprise projects in PHP instead of java; as would so many others (that can't be a bad thing for PHP)

Additionally, rather sure you'd see a mass influx of people moving to php, and applications created for it - even down to design tools such as reverse and forward engineering between uml and php.

ack.. there's a tonne of amazing tools and frameworks for java, and I'm sure that a vast majority of them are possible because of this static typing (from orms to web service frameworks and all in between) - am I so bad for wanting that for php and my fellow devs?

:p