Re: Zend (or other) Framework...where to start?

The question is interesting.

I do another question: Will PHP5 support PHP4 backward compatibility
forever? Ok I'm rediculous, forever not, but, until 5.3 or 6?

I really don't know how CI thinks about evolution, but I'm very
curious why don't use the new features that provide good evolution?

"It's Works" don't seem to me one good reason to not do evolution.
Mainly when some concepts are deprecated.

I'm don't talking that CI is not good or enough, just, I offer IMHO
some interesting questions.

On Thu, Jan 15, 2009 at 7:21 AM, Robert Cummings <robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-01-15 at 09:57 +0300, Usamah M. Ali wrote:
>> On Thu, Jan 15, 2009 at 1:59 AM, Paul M Foster <paulf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> > If you're going to go with a prebuilt framework, I'd recommend
>> > CodeIgniter for your first time out. If the docs look good to you (and
>> > they are pretty good), you'll probably do fine with it. It's about the
>> > lightest weight platform out there. It doesn't get in your way too much,
>> > but gives you the benefits of using a framework.
>> >

>> I downloaded CI because of recommendations from this list as well, but
>> was totally shocked when I discovered that its codebase is written in
>> PHP4! I looked up for an alpha version that is written in PHP5 to no
>> avail. I just can't understand why would they still be in PHP4 while
>> Symfony, a framework born after CI, requires PHP5 since version one
>> and takes full advantage of PHP5's advanced OO features!
>
> Does it work within a PHP5 environment? If so... why rewrite it?
>
> Cheers,
> Rob.
> --
> http://www.interjinn.com
> Application and Templating Framework for PHP
>

> --

Abraços
Edgar Ferreira da Silva
Engenheiro de Software
Campinas - SP
(19) 8110-0733
http://edgarfs.com.br
-----
Aprenda PHP, cole códigos, saiba das vagas de empregos:
http://www.manjaphp.com.br