Re: Zend (or other) Framework...where to start?

Well, bummer.

I *seriously* need to divine a way to increase my efficiency both
immediately and for the long term as I maintain tomorrow the
applications I build today.

For the new-to-frameworks, is there a better/easier framework to use
that will streamline the development process from the beginning?

I've looked at Codeigniter and LOVE the user guide/documentation...the
underlying philosophy of that product looks very attractive too.

Any others?

I'd love to have the time to 'play around' with one or more of these
to get an idea of strengths/weaknesses...but due to schedule and
commitments, this 'playing around' is going to have to take place in
the production, for-hire context.

Surely we're all familiar with 'on the job training', right? ; )

John Corry