Re: Re: iconv is messing up a spreadsheet generated by the Spreadsheet Excel Writer

> The charset: latin1 and the collation: latin1_swedish_ci.

Trivia quiz at a MySQL presentation at my Chicago PHP User Group a few year ago comes in handy!

The defaults for MySQL are actually latin1_swedish as that is the native language of the original developer, (?Monty Widenus?)

This charset differs in only one character (or two chars switched?) from English.

It seems unlikely to produce drastic problems in iconv, but I have no idea what I'm actually talking about.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled program!