Re: Couple of beginner questions

On Mon, 2009-01-12 at 11:20 -0500, Jason Pruim wrote:
> On Jan 12, 2009, at 1:43 AM, Paul M Foster wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 12:04:15AM -0500, John Corry wrote:
> >

> > But here's a question for those of you who work in a collaborative
> > environment-- are you really ever in a situation where some HTML
> > weenie
> > is coding HTML pages and you're somewhere else doing the PHP work?
> > Or is
> > that some academic's view of the way things *should* be done?
> I haven't been involved strictly in the way that you mention. BUT...
> I have done work where someone else designs the page, and I code the
> HTML/PHP/MySQL/Rocks(tm)(Learning dead languages is tough though :P)
>
> Usually works quite well for me.
>

> --
> Jason Pruim
> japruim@xxxxxxxxxx
> 616.399.2355

I tend to work on projects on my own. I built the CMS that runs the
current website, and now building it's sibling to run all the company
sites under one roof. I just get given the design, then I go from there
doing all the HTML, Javascript, CSS, PHP and MySQL from there. I have
the advantage in that when I need to update the code, I know exactly how
I've done it, but I have the disadvantage in that I don't know if what
I'm doing is meeting a decent standard by other peoples opinion.

I do try more and more to logically separate function from form, and the
only time I deviate from that in the main is with heredocs, which I
don't count as a sin I'll be sent to hell for ;)

Ash
www.ashleysheridan.co.uk