Re: Couple of beginner questions

On Jan 9, 2009, at 12:18 PM, Gary wrote:

I've done a number of sites in html and am now venturing into php.

Can I create a page in html and insert php code that will work? (for
example, take an existing page and insert a date command)

Yes you can <?PHP echo date("m/d/y h:i:s", time()); ?>

Can I create a page with the php extension that contains only contains html
and no php?  If so are there advantages/disadvantages?
Yes, Look at heredoc syntax on the php.net site. Works really well for a few pages that I use.

Can I mix and match file formats (php/html) in a single site?

Yes. You can easily mix and match, in fact... if you go one step further... You can remove the extension's all together from the files so that you can change it as needed and not screw up any links that you have already created.

--
Jason Pruim
japruim@xxxxxxxxxx