Re: [SOLVED] Re: can a session be used in a query?

I read (well, skimmed anyway) this thread and saw that the original
poster's issue was resolved.

For the archives though, I'd like to mention that the PEAR Auth and
MDB2 packages would make all of the things that are being done by this
code much easier for the programmer.

Auth allows you to authenticate users from a table and retrieve any
other field in the table at the same time. It's always seemed a lot
cleaner to me than dealing directly with building session based user
info scripts. Based on what I've seen of the code here, it would have
saved you a lot of time.

Likewise, MDB2 makes working with MySQL easier and also provides
better error reporting.

Hope it's not off-topic or unreasonably presumptuous to mention these
packages here. They've saved me a lot of time and helped me code
better, thought I'd share that experience with the list.