Re: Architecture patterns in PHP

On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 2:07 AM, Nathan Nobbe <quickshiftin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> on 12/30/2008 01:13 AM Sancar Saran said the following:
>> > and please read this why
>> >
>> > http://talks.php.net/show/drupal08/0
> it also acts as a nice control mechanism to compare so many frameworks,
> trivial php, and html.  really nice to see the numbers like that; so cake is
> horrifically slow, solar & zend are pretty fast and code igniter is like
> twice as fast as those.

One thing I'd like to point out is that hello world might show the
overhead of putting something to screen, it doesn't touch the database
or any of the harder parts of a "real" app like sessions & acls.
Things quickly go downhill from there.

I saw these slides and started comparing my custom developed framework
vs most of the standard picks out there.  At first I was really
disappointed with myself after seeing my apache bench numbers suck.
Turns out when you actually start building an app mine wasn't nearly
as slow as I thought.  But on a simple hello world it fared pretty
pathetically because it ran a lot of other routines that I always use
in real apps, but not in hello world.