Re: Architecture patterns in PHP

On Mon, Dec 29, 2008 at 9:05 PM, Manuel Lemos <mlemos@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> on 12/30/2008 01:13 AM Sancar Saran said the following:
> >> How do you structure your web applications? I am thinking in terms of
> >> separating presentation  and logic. How is that done in PHP? And how
> >> many architecture patterns are there?
> >

> > Well,
> >
> > I use, way of Rasmus (I give that name)
> >
> > and please read this why
> >
> > http://talks.php.net/show/drupal08/0
>
> After you watch that presentation, the conclusion that you reach is if
> you want to develop a site that only shows a page saying "Hello world!"
> you should not use an MVC framework because it adds to much performance
> overhead! ;-)

it also acts as a nice control mechanism to compare so many frameworks,
trivial php, and html.  really nice to see the numbers like that; so cake is
horrifically slow, solar & zend are pretty fast and code igniter is like
twice as fast as those.

i also like how rasmus shows several advanced optimization techniques, via
strace and gdb.  ive not used the 'included' extension, ill probly check it
out.  you know some of us yougin's never really got too much pratical
exposure to tools like that =/  im still ramping up on these low level
utilities myself.

-nathan