Re: Architecture patterns in PHP

Michael C. Yates wrote:
Hey,

How do you structure your web applications? I am thinking in terms of separating presentation and logic. How is that done in PHP? And how many architecture patterns are there?

Thanks

Micheal C. Yates

I am an amateur programmer, so take my comments with a grain of salt (i haven't done heavy traffic long term projects). Having read through this thread no one has of yet mentioned Smarty.net http://smarty.net/ . Smarty is a template engine. It allows presentation to be separated with logic. I like it cuz my site designes usually end up looking like a 3rd grader designed it and you need some sorta special glasses to protect your eyes. However, i can do some solid logic coding (query DBs and whatnot). So smarty has been highly prized by me in my projects. But that is all i am doing is 'projects', those that usually lost money. But this is not because of smarty. Without smarty i wouldn't have even been able to get going. Also, it cleans up the code if you stick to the division principles.
my USD 0.02$ which is a lot less now than it used to be... :(
dK