Re: Fwd: GD library for creating tables

On Sat, 2008-12-13 at 10:18 +0200, Osman Osman wrote:
> Hello,
>   I'm looking for a library in PHP that will let me easily create tables
> programmatically.  It would be great if I can just specify information about
> the rows/columns, what each cell should contain, etc, and the table would
> get created automatically.  I should be able to do anything I would be able
> to do with normal HTML tables.  Is there anything like that available?
>
> Thanks,
>   Osman

$arr = array(array('celldata row 1, col1', 'celldata row 1, col2'),
array('celldata row 2, col1', 'celldata row 2, col2'));

   <th>heading1</th>
   <th>heading2</th>
<?php foreach ($arr as &$row): ?>
  <?php foreach ($row as &$col): ?>
  <?php endforeach ?>
<?php endforeach ?>

Do you really need a library for that? I had thought about this too but
couln't come up with a good solution to do this generically and being as
flexible as this. All you have to do is copy/paste the html code and put
some php inbetween if you have a designed table with css and all that
jazz.

Tim