Re: Re: anchor name on URL

> The Webkist engine afaik is licensed under the GPL, because of the use
> of the code from the original KHTML. I'm not sure how this fits with M$
> proprietary plan however...

Webkit is licensed under LGPL and BSD licenses.

> You say that, have you heard the latest for IE9? They're already
> planning it, and apparently it's going to use the Webkit engine!

Actually they haven't planned that at all. There was a comment by Steve
Ballmer in an interview that it was an interesting project, and something
they may look at, but that comment was quickly countered the next day by
Microsoft PR. Also, 'look at' != 'adopt'. They have no intention of using
Webkit, as they feel it important that they're able to continue to 'extend
the web' with proprietary additions to Trident. ;)