RE: Re: anchor name on URL

---8<---

> > > Don't forget Konqueror in that list ;) It's not exactly the same
> > engine
> > > after Apple forked it from KHTML, but it's quite close, and both
> > > Konqueror and Safari are said to be working a little more closely
> than
> > > before to share the work done to the rendering engines since the
> fork.
> > >
> > > I'm waiting for the day when Firefox starts using Google's V8
> > scripting
> > > engine!
> >
> > Firefox will probably go with their own improvements a la Minefield
> > (instead of V8). As for WebKit, I think you guys are
forgetting--it's
> an
> > APPLE product. Do you seriously think they're going to let Microsoft
> use
> > it in their web browser after they've hacked it to pieces and strung
> it
> > back together into some bloated, inefficient monster?
> >
> > Well... maybe if the price is right.
> >
> The Webkist engine afaik is licensed under the GPL, because of the use
> of the code from the original KHTML. I'm not sure how this fits with
M$
> proprietary plan however...

On that note... they're bringing jQuery (OSS Javascript framework) into
the ASP.NET paradigm UNALTERED! That's right--they've admitted that they
can't do better than the jQuery folks, and they're going to adopt it
AS-IS.

That made me very excited... especially since I've recently fallen in
love with jQuery, and I am forced to use ASP.NET at work (though, to the
chagrin of this list, I will admit: I like the .NET framework. A lot).

Anyway, just thought I'd put the idea out there that not every person at
Microsoft follows the "find idea, FUBAR idea, repackage idea" mindset.
:) Their ASP.NET/VS crew has actually been pretty forward-thinking as of
late.

*cough* ... but, you know... PHP rules, too, and junk.

// Todd