Re[2]: It's Sunday, and I'm bored...

Greetings, Govinda.

>> Subversion, or svn for short. Helps you maintain code bases. Far
>> better than regular backups (though by no means a replacement).

> I looked it over briefly and it looks smart for serious collaborated
> efforts..  but i ask - is anyone finding it makes sense for one-man
> shows?

I'd join the line... "hell yes" is the best possible description. Being
emotional, it's perfectly entitles the time and nerves spent to redo all your
work if you spotted anything wrong at some stage.

> (For the time to get up to speed with this maybe I could just pay more
> attention to making/naming my own backups?)

Backups has nothing of the usability that CVS/SVN offers.
It's, literally, a time machine.
I seriously recommend the http://svnbook.red-bean.com/
When I've been told that we're moving to SVN and I though that I'd better
start reading sooner, I felt Subversion website almost directly to that book,
and it just eliminated all my quesions, even possible future ones.

>>> It's nice to have at least loose communities like this list so we
>>> solo
>>> freelancers don't think we're simply mad.
>>
>> You are... :-)
> Well yes, but I meant without company..  See when we are in a herd,
> then even if we're all mad, then somehow it seems alright.  ;-)  We
> even have professional looking tools to track which version of madness!

hehe :) /agree

--
Sincerely Yours, ANR Daemon <anrdaemon@xxxxxxxxxxx>