Re: Managed VPS recommendations

On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 11:30:01 -0500, "Daniel P. Brown" <daniel.brown@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 11:09 AM, Larry Garfield <larry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>>
>> So that's a couple of votes for individual people.  What company do they
> work for? :-)  We're not looking for "a guy", we're looking for a firm with
> a good reputation.
>
>     Parasane is a whole company, not just me.  I'm just the one who
> started it back in 2000.... but I wouldn't set you up on a VPS anyway.
>  I began to refuse to sell those in the last few months because
> they're more of a scam than anything.  "Hey, let's charge the client
> the same amount as a fully-dedicated server - if not more - but put
> them on a shared box with limited resources."

Exciting. :-)  Would you offer what we're looking for on a non-VPS basis?  As I said, we're not set on a VPS-based solution.  We are set on a reasonably priced service that doesn't complain if we ask for SOAP, cURL, and an opcode cache, and doesn't get cranky if we have a big database.

--Larry Garfield