Re: Remote Developer Wanted

Daniel Brown wrote:
On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 4:26 AM, Brennon Bortz <brennon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Actually, speaking as someone now living in the UK, your low end is LESS
than minimum wage here.  Rather insulting, if you ask me...

    Simple advice then: delete the message and don't reply.

Andy deserves to know his current offer is kinda insulting :D

Consider plz that if a job is easy, i'd be done sooner. So i'd make even less..
The offer really only is fair to a noob php-er ;-)

So you might get a 15 year old to do it, if its an easy of a job with a technical director giving him coding guidelines..
They might be happy with the $15/h.
A talented 17 year old would want $20 at least, or he aint talented :)

If you plan to do many of these type of tasks, and will do them for years to come, it might be cheaper to have a $50/h programmer take a look at building something re-usable, with an interface for non-techies to describe your forms and databases. With something re-usable, if properly written and self-documented, you have a more solid base for your business operations, and can distribute improvements to all your clients when they become available. I've gotta add that there might be many hours involved depending on the complexity of the data and ways of displaying it. I guess you could start with the types of operations that happen a lot, grouped by similarity. Give us a few examples and i can tell you if it's possible to create something re-usable in a short time..