From: Jochem Maas [mailto:jochem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, October 21, 2008 2:32 AM
To: Andy Dyble
Cc: php-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re:  Remote Developer Wanted

Andy Dyble schreef:
> Hi
>
> I am looking for a remote developer for small add hoc jobs.  Usually
> only a few hours at a time. Basic stuff, listing data from SQL and text
> files. Mainly work on existing systems.

personally I'd run in the other direction based on that description,
I mean who decides what's simple, how long something should take, etc.

my experience of working on 'existing systems' is usually akin to wading
neckdeep through crap you wouldn't wish on your worst enemy. really well
thought out, well written code usually has competent people working on it
already ... code that stinks generally gets no attention because nobody
wants to work on/with it which is people end up scouring the net looking
for someone desperate enough to take a shot at it.

> $10-$15 per hour depending on location.

Im sure there is an indian outsourcing solution to fit your needs, your from
the UK and quoting dollars ... your low-end is just over 5 pound sterling an
hour,
I can flip burgers at Macdonalds for more.

there are plenty of market places on the net where tenders can be placed for
this
kind of thing.

just so you know ... at lot of the regular people doling out free advice on
this
list command somewhere in the region of 8 to 10 times what your willing to
pay ...
if not more.