Re: Re: utf8/quoted printable based mail renders raw html

On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 5:36 PM, Ashley Sheridan
<ash@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-10-14 at 17:26 -0400, Eric Butera wrote:
>> On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 5:24 PM, Ashley Sheridan
>> <ash@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> > I thought you just had to specify the multipart/alternative and use the
>> > boundary sequence to separate the two messages? I can't see more than
>> > one content type on any emails in my inbox.
>> >

>> I just looked at my inbox.  I found 4 examples from pretty large
>> companies that have the content type & transfer encoding defined on
>> each mime part.  If you're right it appears nobody is listening to the
>> spec. ;)
>>
>> I was thinking it is something along the lines of using some funny
>> markup inside of my html part that causes outlook to crap out.  I
>> tested my program in Mail.app, Thunderbird, Outlook Express, Gmail,
>> Hotmail, and a lot of others.  Outlook is the only one I've heard
>> problems from.
>
> I don't know about the spec, it was a wild stab in the dark! Yeah, I had
> no problems sending emails to anything except Outlook. Have you tried
> looking at Pear Mail. That might make things easier?
>

> Ash
> www.ashleysheridan.co.uk

I'm using the Zend_Mail classes.  I've had a lot of success with it at
my work.  Usually I send ISO-8859-1/quoted-printable emails.  This
time around I built my app from the ground up utf8.  I thought I'd
give it a go using utf8 in the mail.  I know I could cheat and
iconv//TRANSLIT, but I was hoping to stay in the future.