RE: Top/bottom posting holy war *cringe* (was: New to PHP)

So.. you concede to ignore the requested style, then?

As for near-equal fluidity.. I don't believe you. Plainly and simply, I
do not believe your claim. That is, of course, unless you've been
reading bottom-to-top since you were a child in some bizarre psychology
experiment placed on your shoulders by your parents...

It boils down to this: if you've been participating in the discussion
adamantly, then yes--top posting probably won't throw you off. However,
for people who are jumping in the middle (perhaps they saw a keyword
related to something they are working on, or they just joined the list,
etc.) it can become quite confusing. This is a mailing list. On top of
that (no pun intended), it is a public mailing list. As such, there will
be many individuals reading conversations without having been around for
the start of them.

More confusing still is the "some do it this way, some do it that way"
proposal you have issued. When messages are replied to using both
conventions, the flow of the conversation looks like a seismic gauge
during an earthquake.

Todd Boyd
Web Programmer