Re: Top/bottom posting holy war *cringe* (was: New to PHP)

I concede only that the PHP list has a requested style (bottom posting).  I
disagree on it's usefulness OVER top posting.

I'm perfectly able to read top or bottom posted messages with nearly equal
fluidity.  I find top posting to be more fluid and useful.  I've never
quite sure why this becomes a holy war.  Why can't some people do it one
way and others do it the other way?  It's nice when everyone does it the
same way, but with the indenting/prefixing lines of replies, it's easy
enough to see what the last message was that the current top or bottom
posted reply goes to.

Because this is such a hot button issue, I cringed when I saw it brought up
as a response to a new member saying "Hi" and looking for PHP coding
recommendations because it always leads to these discussions.  No good can
come of even discussing it or bringing it up except to show people who
aren't aware, that there IS a choice in the matter.