Re: New to PHP

---- Gary <gwpaul@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Well...thank you all for the warm and friendly welcome, I will probably try
> to steer one of my projects to php (or at least a portion of) in a short
> while.

<!-- SNIP -->

Gary, one thing to keep in mind is to BOTTOM POST and TRIM your posts.

By Bottom Posting (common when on a mailing list or NG) it gives greater context as you read through the previous posts and by the time of getting to where the new response is, it is in sync.  No skipping back and forth to read to get the context.

Trimming is appropriate when addressing a specific entry or when cutting off Dan's 12 line signature block to reply to a message.  ;)

And yeah, you'll find a number of us aren't as serious as others may like.  :)

Welcome to the list.  I also keep www.php.net handy and a general rule of thumb when using Firefox if you have the google search plug-in running is to use "php: <question>" where <question> is what you are looking to do.  By prefacing the search with php: google tends to give greater responses since it looks for PHP first and then the question.

HTH.
Wolf