Re: Re: HTML5 canvas tag

Hi,

> I'm not very familiar with the whole thing yet

I think that's a common position.

> but after looking at
> your site I find it quite interesting.
> So is it possible to render 3d vector based objects in the canvas and
> if so an entire 3d based website?

Well before you start calling the methods which actually do something,
you need to get a "context" and specify '2d' (the only one that's
supported right now), so the door has been left open for a '3d'
context. And if it doesn't materialise, then no biggie.

> Are there any 3d libraries yet like OpenGL for applications?

Don't think so. Though there is a 3d Doom-esque game which you'll find
if you look around.

> It would be quite handy to describe 3d/2d objects or styles with a
> language like CSS. Do you think that will be possible in the near
> future?

Probably not. But the drawing API is very easy to use with methods
like lineTo() and arc() etc. The drawing is all done using Javascript
so if you're familiar with that, then you're in.

--
Richard Heyes

HTML5 Graphing for FF, Chrome, Opera and Safari:
http://www.rgraph.org