Re: Re: HTML5 canvas tag

On Sun, 2008-10-12 at 14:50 -0700, Yeti wrote:
> I'm not very familiar with the whole thing yet but after looking at
> your site I find it quite interesting.
> So is it possible to render 3d vector based objects in the canvas and
> if so an entire 3d based website?
> Are there any 3d libraries yet like OpenGL for applications?
> It would be quite handy to describe 3d/2d objects or styles with a
> language like CSS. Do you think that will be possible in the near
> future?
>
> A yeti.

The best thing I've seen so far for 3D on the web is Papervision. It's
Flash based, but the donkey work is in Actionscript 3.

The best thing I've seen so far in terms of what it's capable of is
probably http://lab.zupko.info/reflection/realz/ which is displaying
real-time reflections for an X-wing starfighter on some sort of ice cube
mirror. You have to see it to understand it. It's also damn fast as
libraries go.

Ash
www.ashleysheridan.co.uk