Re: Re: Browser could not get mp3 files from http site

On Wed, 2008-09-24 at 17:03 +1000, hce wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 9:56 AM, Richard Lynch <rlynch@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > As a general rule, check what happens when you do wget -S on the URL and see what the browser sees.
>
> Thanks Richard and all responses. That was the best PHP and HTML debug
> I've learned so far. I always find it is difficult to debug html and
> JS when doing PHP program. I can debug C/C++ using gdb well but no
> idea what the tools can be used for browser debug.
>
> Anyway, the problem has been resolved. It turns out it was an
> authorisation issue. My web server requests a log in at beggin,
> although I can see every pages and download other data and image
> files, somehow it cannot download the mp3 file. As soon as I remove
> the login, it works fine.
>
> Appreciate all of your helps and responses.
>
> Cheers.

For debugging PHP there is PHPDebug, which is like an add-on that gives
debug output comparable to ColdFusion or ASP.Net (or so I've heard.) It
might be worth having a quick look into that if you think it will be of
any help.

Ash
www.ashleysheridan.co.uk