Re: SESSIONS vs. MySQL

On Fri, 2008-09-19 at 19:32 +0100, Stut wrote:
> On 19 Sep 2008, at 19:20, Robert Cummings wrote:
> > On Fri, 2008-09-19 at 19:12 +0100, Stut wrote:
> >>
> >> Oh, and by scale I don't necessarily mean to tens of millions of page
> >> views a month.
> >
> > Someone needs to take away your coder badge if you make a site that
> > can't handle 1000 views a day :)
> >
> > Not withstanding extreme edge cases doing unlikely processing for the
> > typical website :B
>
> Have you seen some of the "advanced" websites kicked out by design
> companies?
>
> Also consider the sites that get stuck on shared servers with 1000's
> of sites per machine using database servers with 1000's of DBs where
> limiting your resource usage can become the difference between a
> snappy site and one that nobody will use! And then try convincing your
> local plumber that it's worth paying more than £2 a month for their
> hosting!
>
> Actually, scrap that. It's usually the design company that's
> overloading their dedicated server, the plumber is then stuck paying
> £25+ a month + content change charges when they don't know any better.
>
> Anyways, where can I get a coder badge, they sound cool!! ;)

I just draw one with a pen on my chest to show interviewers. So far it
really hasn't worked out well but I've narrowed the problem down to the
following four possibilities:

    1. they don't like to see my pudgy body when I take my shirt off
       to show it off

    2. they're blinded by the light... my glowing white northern
       European complexion exacerbated by flourescent office lighting

    3. they're not impressed enough with my ball point pen artwork

    4. lack of industry adoption

So far I'm leaning towards a combination of 1 and 2 ;)

Cheers,
Rob.
--
http://www.interjinn.com